This half-day tour allows you to visit two of the most important and historical places of the city, the Cathedral of Cusco and the Temple of Koricancha, and the four archaeological sites that are found around the city: Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puca pucara and Tambomachay.
We pick you up from your hotel at 8am. The first visit is to Cusco’s Cathedral in the main Plaza, a colonial religious monument of extraordinary artistic value. It features fabulous paintings and works on gold leaf, carved wood and covered with embossed silver . Continuing our tour we visit the Temple of Koricancha, also known as “The Temple of the Sun”. Its perfect architecture and stone buildings reflect that it was the most important temple of the Incan Empire. Then we go to Sacsayhuaman, which is located 5 km from the city of Cusco. In the time of the Incas it was a religious center of great importance. It is famous for its enormous carved stone blocks, some of which are 9 meters or 30 feet in height and weigh over 350 tons. Inti Raymi, and Incan festival of the sun, is celebrated here on July 21st.
Continuing the tour, we visit Kenko, which is located a kilometer from Sacsayhuaman. Kenko means labyrinth or zigzag and served a religious function. On the outside there is a semicircular amphitheater with trapezoidal niches. Located in the center is a giant monolith surrounded by niches where they placed offerings. Following our trip to Kenko we visit Puca Pucara which means Red Fort. The limestone it was built with has acquired a reddish iron look. Due to its architectural layout and the existence of fountains, aqueducts and multiple enclosures it is thought to have been a “Tambo”, i.e., an inn offering shelter and food for travelers , as the procession which was to accompany the Inka . Finally, we come to Tambomachay which is located outside of the city of Cusco. This is an archaeological site that was dedicated to the worship of water and a place where the chief of the Inkan Empire could rest. This place is also known as the Baths of the Inca and consists of a series of aqueducts, canals and waterfalls that run through the rocks. At approximately 6:30pm we return to Cusco . This tour is available at both group and private rates.
- Private transportation to all sites, including pick up from your hotel.
- A bilingual guide
- Tickets to enter each site.
- A comprehensive Cusco Tourist Ticket costs 130 soles(approx 50USD). You can use the same ticket for their excursion to the Sacred Valley. If you just want to visit this circuit only need to purchase the Partial tourist ticket, which costs 70 soles .
- The comprehensive tourist ticket allows you to visit 16 locations, you can visit these places while staying in the city .
- Peruvian and / or students with ISIC card , pay 70 soles
- Check Koricancha , 10 soles
- Entrance to La Catedral, 25 soles
We recommend you bring
- A camera
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Raincoat or poncho (November to April).
- Cash for your tickets, souvenirs and extras
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Warm clothes for the return